Santa Catalina Cultural Centre

General information

Old main church of Conil

Old Main Church of Conil. The first evidence of its existence dates back to the 15th century when the Guzmanes, lords of Conil, authorised its construction.

The initial construction, in Mudejar style with three naves separated by pointed arches on stone columns, underwent major modifications. It was between 1886 and 1891 when the current configuration was built, with a poorly defined architectural style, a mixture of neo-Gothic and neo-Mudejar. These structural failures meant costly repairs, which is why it remained closed from 1930 until 2010, the year in which the current restoration was carried out.

Its former contents with paintings and sculptures are scattered throughout the local churches. It is currently open to the public as a cultural and tourist resource and is owned by the Town Hall of Conil, housing an exhibition hall and other events.

Our location

Interesting data

Pl. de Sta. Catalina, 8. Conil de la Frontera, Cádiz, 11140, Conil de la Frontera, Andalucía, Cádiz, ES
How to get

Add new comment