Casa del Conde de las Cinco Torres

General information


This building was constructed in 1779 by Don Sebastián Sánchez Franco, native of this town and commonly known as the Count of the Five Towers, who was a merchant of colonial goods in the city of Cádiz. During the 18th century, it was fashionable for the bourgeoisie to have summer residences, which is why there are so many houses of this type in this area.

This house of baroque style resembles the houses of Cádiz, which contained a cistern for collecting rainwater. This was rather unusual for houses in this town since the majority of houses had a well.

In Conil, this house is known as the "Casa del Peoro", which was the nickname of D. Diego Muñoz Rodríguez, rich proprietor who bought the house in 1859 from D. José Luis Feduchy y Martí, the Count of the Five Towers at that time.

Our location

Interesting data

Pl. Prta de la Villa, 2. Conil de la Frontera, Cádiz, 11140, Conil de la Frontera, Andalucía, Cádiz, ES
How to get

Add new comment